Hawaiian Chicken and Prawn Fried Rice
Chicken and prawn wok-fried rice with a signature Hawaiian twist.
- Recipe serves:6 to 7
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 50g ginger, roughly chopped
- 500g chicken meat, roughly chopped
- 300g prawns, peeled and chopped
- 1kg cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 sachets Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 200g pineapple, cubed
- 50ml cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pineapple slices for the garnish
- In a wok, heat the oil and sauté ginger and onions.
- Add chicken and prawns and sauté until slightly caramelized.
- Add Knorr Chicken Powder Mix, pineapple and turmeric and stir-fry well for a few minutes. Then add cooked rice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with pineapple slices.
- Looking for quick recipes to make lunch? Bookmark this all-time family favourite.
Chef’s Tip:Make a slit on the back of the prawn to de-vein and remove the intestine.