Whether you're hosting a simple get-together or a lavish feast for Christmas, elegant, finger-friendly appetizers will set the mood of your party.
Kick off your meal in style with these delicious and festive, easy to make recipes.
- Pomegranate and cream cheese spread bruschetta – garnish with fresh basil.
- Roasted parmesan carrots – place carrots, olive oil, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large zip lock bag, shake and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- Shrimp puff pastry bites – sauté shrimps marinated in salt and pepper and set aside. Then sauté onions, mushroom, in some butter and add a little sugar, a dash of balsamic vinegar, and a 1/4 teaspoon of thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Combine with the shrimp once done. Cut the puff pastry sheet into small squares or rectangles. Brush them with a beaten egg and drop about a tablespoon of the mixture on each puff pastry square and bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden. Top with chopped parsley and serve warm.
- Edam cheese and black olive skewers
- Green bean bacon bundles – preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and thoroughly dry green beans, then season with salt and pepper. Bundle together about 5-8 green beans. Using a slice of bacon, wrap it around the center of the beans to hold it together. Heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add butter, brown sugar and garlic and whisk until melted and combined. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture over top of each green bean bundle. Cover the bundles with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more, just until bacon gets crispy.
- Smoked salmon triangles – spread cream cheese over thin slices of bread. Top with salmon and sprinkle fresh parsley.