Quick and easy Spanakopita
Traditional Greek savoury pie dish with creamy cheese, spinach and spices, wrapped in a crispy pastry. Makes for a perfect light lunch or dinner, with a fabulous combination of flavours.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 300g spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup feta
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 sachets, Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder Mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10-12 spring roll sheets
- In a bowl add the cream cheese and beat well will softened. Now add onion, garlic, Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder Mix, olive oil and feta cheese.
- Now add an egg well beaten and mix.
- Lightly grease individual baking cups. Line with spring roll sheets cut into fit the bakeware. Use two small squares for 1 cup. Brush with egg.
- Add cheese filling into the cups and bake in a moderate over at 200o C for 12-15 minutes.
Chef’s Tip:Add fried bacon ends to enhance the flavour.