Stuffed spicy vegetable masala parata
Parata’s with a spicy mixed vegetable filling .Flavoured with selected spices, a nutritious and delicious dish for anytime of the day.
- Recipe serves:6-7
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 7-8 parata’s
- 2 packets Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 150g onions, chopped
- 150g tomato, chopped
- 1 -2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Handful of curry leaves
- 250g boiled chick peas
- 150g carrot, grated
- 100g green peas
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Few toothpicks
- Melt 25g of Astra in a pan. Add garlic and curry leaves sauté till fragrant.
- Add onion and tomato. Cook in a low heat till oil separates.
- Add all the spices and mix well. Then add the vegetables and Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix. Stir well to combine and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and take off from heat.
- Take a parata, apply a spoonful of remaining Astra and spread a small quantity of the filling.
- Roll tight and secure with a toothpick.
Chef’s Tip:You can add any meat in to this filling but make sure the meat is cut in to small pieces or minced.