Hearty minced mutton and chickpea soup
Rich, delicious mutton soup thickened with chickpeas. Layers of complex flavours combining to make a hearty one pot dish.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 300g minced mutton
- 4 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Knorr Seasoning Cubes
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chickpeas to garnish
- Melt Astra in a pan. Add onion, garlic and sauté till fragrant.
- Add minced mutton and sauté for further few minutes.
- Add water, Knorr seasoning cubes and the bay leaf. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer till mutton is cooked.
- Discard the bay leaf. Take few cups of the liquid from the soup and place with boiled chickpeas in a blender and process to a smooth puree.
- Add the chickpea puree to the cooking mutton and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
- Mix in the lime juice, garnish with few chickpeas on top and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:To correct the consistency puree and add more chickpeas as desired. This soup can be made with any meat