Crunchy n Crispy Chicken
Juicy chicken dipped in a chili parsley batter and dipped in cornflakes. Moist on the inside and really crispy and crunchy on the outside. A delicious snack that will keep you wanting more!
- Preparation Time Minutes
- 500g boneless chicken breast cut in to thin strips
- 1 Knorr seasoning cube
- 30g Astra
- 200g corn flakes
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons red chili pieces
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 100g flour
- 1 cup water
- Oil to fry
- Melt Astra in a pan take off from fire immediately and add the Knorr chicken cube. Stir well to dissolve.
- In a separate bowl add chicken pieces, diluted Knorr seasoning cube and pepper. Rub well and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Crush cornflakes to crumbs, (do not powder) set aside.
- In a small bowl mix flour, turmeric, chili flakes and parsley. Mix in the water gradually to make a slightly thick batter.
- Dip chicken in the batter and immediately coat with the cornflakes.
- Heat oil and deep fry till golden brown. Serve with desired sauce or as it is
Chef’s Tip:Use regular cornflakes and fry in a low flame as cornflakes due to its yellowish colour can easily get browned before the meat.