Matchsticks Sweet Potato and Gotukola Bedum.
Deep fried sweet potato combined with crunchy peanuts and gotukola leaves. A wonderful mix of ingredients that is bound to be the new family favourite. Perfect ‘rice puller’ for lunch or dinner.
- Recipe serves:10
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time5 Minutes
- 300g sweet potatoes
- 2 bundles gotukola
- 3 sachets Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup peanuts
- Oil to deep fry
- 1 tablespoon Astra
- Cut sweet potatoes into thin strips like matchsticks.
- Deep fry sweet potatoes, gotukola, peanuts and set aside.
- In a separate pan, melt the Astra quickly and sauté the chili flakes and sugar. Turn off fire.
- Mix in the Maldive fish powder and stir to combine.
- Now add the fried ingredients, toss well and serve.
Chef’s Tip:Add fried sprats and cashew nuts for a better flavour