Devilled Dhal and KangKung
Delicious tempered kangkung like you have never experienced it before! Combined with dhal, this dish is sure to tantalize those taste buds with taste and texture.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 150gms Dhal
- 1 Onion finely sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic sliced finely
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Inch piece of Rampe Leaf
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chilies finely sliced
- 2 Knorr Cubes
- 3 Tablespoons chilie pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Astra
- 2 Cups Kangkung chopped in big pieces
- Into a pan add the dhal, turmeric and chili powder and just enough water to cover the dhal and boil. Once the water evaporates, add the Knorr cube and mix well.
- In a separate pan, melt the Astra and temper together the onion, garlic, rampe, curry leaves and green chilies. Add the Kangkung and chilies pieces and temper well.
- Next add the boiled dhal mixture to this and cook through. Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Do not over boil dhal as it will mash while mixing