Devilled Bacon and Cheese Canape
Boasting an all-time favourite combination of bacon and cheese, these easy to make delicious canapes are the perfect party food. Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix lends savoury flavour to this dish.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time40 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- French Bread Slices
- 300g Bacon Ends
- 1 no Chopped Onion
- 1 sachet Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 20g Astra
- 2 cloves Garlic
- A handful Chopped Curry Leaves
- 200g Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon Chili Powder
- Cut French bread into 1cm thick slices and set aside.
- Melt Astra in a pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté till fragrant. Now add bacon and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cheese. Mix well to combine and season to taste.
- Arrange slices of bread on bakeware. Spoon in a small amount of the bacon mixture on the bread. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in an oven at 180oC for 12 minutes.
Chef’s Tip:Instead of sprinkling cheese on top, add cheese to the bacon mixture for a cheesy texture.