Consisting of lentils, chilies, onions and the potent flavour of Knorr Maldivefish Powder Mix, this popular Lankan street food treat tastes better home-made! Golden, crunchy and healthy, the perfect bite for any time of day.
- Recipe serves:10 - 15
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 500g Channa Dhal (KadalaParippu)
- 3-4 nos Green Chili chopped
- 2 nos Onion chopped
- 2 sachets Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- Curry Leaves chopped (a handful)
- 2 tablespoons Dry Red Chili Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Wash the dhal thoroughly and soak for 2 to 3 hours. Strain thoroughly.
- Grind the dhal,and then mix along with all other ingredients (except oil) in a pestle or grinder. Add salt to taste.
- Take a handful of the mixture and mould into small balls.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the balls. Best served hot.
Chef’s Tip:Add cumin seeds and chopped coriander instead of curry leaves for different flavour