Roasted lamb with hot pepper and mint sauce
Perfectly spiced, tender roast lamb paired with a fresh and vibrant hot pepper and mint sauce. Looks spectacular and tastes divine.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1 kg lamb
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 5 tablespoons crushed pepper
- 120g Astra
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Mint Sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crushed pepper
- Season the lamb with 5 tablespoons crushed pepper, Knorr Chicken Powder Mix, mixed herbs, vinegar, Astra, turmeric and salt to taste. Leave in the fridge (normal compartment, not deep freezer) to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat an oven for 200°C then reduce heat to 180°C. Roast the lamb for 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot with hot pepper and mint sauce.
For Mint Sauce
- In a medium-sized saucepan stir together sugar and vinegar. Bring to boil and reduce the heat. Then add finely chopped mint leaves and 2 tablespoons crushed pepper. Boil gently, uncovered, until reduced to 1 cup. Finally remove from heat and discard the mint leaves.
Chef’s Tip:Puree the mint leaves and mix it into the sauce to make it thick and more flavourful.