Fried dates and chicken salad
This is a delightful sweet and savory chicken salad. Flavours of mint, mustard and the sweetness of dates, blend in perfection.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 50g pitted dates
- 400g roast chicken
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- Handful of mint leaves
- Cut dates in to half lengthways. Deep fry in hot oil for a minute. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, add vinegar, olive oil, Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder, mustard and pepper and whisk well.
- Peel the orange and cut into cubes. Shred or cut the chicken into cubes.
- Add fried dates, roast chicken, orange and chopped mint leaves into the prepared Knorr salad dressing. Mix well and serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip:For a creamier salad, mix in ½ cup of mayonnaise.