Tortilla cones with beef filling
A crispy tortilla cone filled with tamarind beef, mayonnaise, and vegetables. A Mexican favourite that will make you enjoy every juicy bite.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time25 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 200g beef sirloin
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 150g red/green/yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Few leaves of lettuce
- Few wedges of tomato
- Salt to taste
- Cut beef into thin strips. Mix with tamarind paste, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Add Astra to a pan and fry the beef strips till crispy.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining ingredients, except the tortilla wraps, tomato and lettuce.
- Mix well and add the fried beef.
- Take 1 tortilla wrap, make a shape of a cone, put in a few pieces of lettuce and tomato and fill with the beef mixture.
Chef’s Tip:Use foil to secure the wraps.