Potato and onion masala
A quick and easy potato dish packed with spice and flavour. An ideal accompaniment to naan or chapatti.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 300g baby or regular potatoes
- Wedges of 2 B onions
- 50g green peas
- 1 sachet Knorr Maldivefish Powder Mix
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Few pandan and curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Astra
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Boil and peel potatoes and set aside
- Melt Astra in a pan. Add the garlic, green chili, pandan and curry leaves and sauté till fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and all the spices along with the Knorr Maldivefish Powder Mix
- Bring to boil and add the potatoes, onion wedges and green peas. Simmer for 2 minutes and take off from heat.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:IIf onions are added long before, it may get mashed. Therefore, add them just in time to retain crispiness.