Curried Chicken Samosa
Crispy golden samosas filled with mildly spiced chicken and peas. A mouthwatering appetizer or snack for any time of the day.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 300g boneless chicken
- 1 large potato
- 1 carrot
- 50g green peas
- 1 large onion
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- Samosa sheets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Cut vegetables into small cubes.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces
- Add the potato in water and boil till cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Melt Astra in a pan. Add the chicken and sauté for few minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté for further few minutes.
- Add the Knorr Chicken Cube, curry powder, chili powder and mix well to combine.
- Season to taste and take off from heat.
- Spoon in small quantities to spring roll sheets. Fold in triangle shape.
- Deep fry till golden brown. Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:For fat free Samosas, you can use a pastry brush and paint them with a light, even coat of egg wash and bake in a moderate oven at 180C° till golden brown. To prepare the egg wash, whisk an egg with a splash of cold water or milk until pale yellow and perfectly mixed.