Beef and chickpeas in a delicately flavoured kanji enriched by selected herbs and tangy fresh lemon juice. A hearty meal that can be enjoyed with crusty bread.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 300g beef cut into dices
- 4 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ litres water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt Astra in a pan. Add onion & garlic and sauté till fragrant.
- Add beef and sauté for further few minutes
- Add water, Knorr Chicken Cubes and the bay leaf. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer till beef is cooked.
- Discard the bay leaf. Take few cups of the liquid from the mixture and place with boiled chickpeas in a blender and process to get a smooth puree.
- Add the chickpea puree to the cooked beef and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
- Mix in the lime juice and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:To correct the consistency of the puree, add more chickpeas as desired