Potato and sausage casserole
A delightful combination of bacon, sausage, potatoes, cheese and herbs. A hearty one pot meal for the whole family.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time25 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 100g bacon, chopped
- 400g chicken sausages
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 30g Astra
- 1 tablespoon sage or rosemary, chopped
- Grated cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Melt the Astra in a Pan. Add the bacon, onion and garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes, remove the skin and cut into thin slices. Set aside.
- When the bacon is cooked, add the Knorr Chicken Seasoning Powder Mix, sage/rosemary, chili powder and sausages. Fry for a few minutes.
- Grease a casserole dish with Astra. Arrange the sliced potato at the bottom of the dish and put the bacon and sausage mixture on top. Sprinkle cheese if preferred.
- Bake in an oven at 2000 C for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:For a crunchy topping, sprinkle breadcrumbs or crushed cornflake crumbs on top before baking.