Sautéed mushroom and beef stir fry
An easy to make, flavour packed stir-fry that features beef and hearty mushrooms. It’s great with steamed rice or crusty bread.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time25 Minutes
- 400g beef sirloin
- 300g button mushrooms
- 1 Knorr Chicken cube
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup red and green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon celery
- Cut beef into thin strips.
- Melt the Astra in a pan, add the onion, garlic and celery and sauté till fragrant.
- Then, add the beef and mushrooms and sauté till crisp. Then add the tomato puree, soya sauce, chili and pepper powder and cook for a few minutes. Finally add the Knorr Cube, bell peppers and the mixed herbs.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Use button mushrooms or abalone mushrooms and cut into chunks