Creamy carrot soup with roasted nuts
This easy-peasy creamy soup is packed with flavour and the crunch of the cashew nuts in every bite makes it extra special.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 200g carrots
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 150g roasted cashew nuts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 70g Astra
- 50g flour
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 ¼ litres water
- Melt 20g Astra in a pan, add the garlic and onion and sauté till translucent. Then, add the carrots and celery. Boil with water till the carrots are cooked.
- Using a food processor puree the carrots and set aside.
- Melt the remaining Astra in a pan. Add the flour and quickly stir to make a roux. Gradually add the pureed carrot while stirring continuously.
- When all the liquid is stirred in add the Knorr Cubes and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the roasted and chopped cashew nuts (100g). Turn off the flame and add the fresh cream.
- Pour into individual soup bowls, sprinkle the remaining cashew nuts on top and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Add a bit of orange juice to enhance the flavour