Date marinated grilled pork chops with green chili salsa
Flavourful grilled pork chops in a sweet date marinade, paired with a spicy salsa. Simply irresistible!
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time25 Minutes
- 8 pork loin chops
- 100g dates, pitted
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 30g Astra
- 1 ½ tablespoons pepper powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- For Salsa:
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4-5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- 40ml white vinegar
- ½ sachet, Knorr Chicken seasoning
- Melt the Astra in a pan, add the Knorr Chicken Cube and dissolve. Add turmeric and chili powder and take off heat.
- Using a grinder, grind the pitted dates with the above seasoning until a smooth paste. Mix in the lime juice and marinate the pork chops using this date paste.
- Grill the pork chops until the desired density.
- Meanwhile, for the salsa, chop and mix all the chilies and tomato. Add the vinegar and olive oil and season with Knorr Chicken Seasoning powder. Serve with the pork chops.
- Cover with a cling film and marinate the meat overnight for better flavour.