Curried spice vegetable gratin ( Sri Lankan Style)
A variety of vegetables in a creamy and delicious sauce flavoured with Knorr Maldive Fish Powder, baked to perfection. This presentation of veggies will certainly add some pizzazz to your meals.
- Recipe serves:5-6
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 200g potato, peeled and cut
- 200g carrots, sliced
- 200g leeks, cubed
- 150/150g mushroom slices
- 2 sachets, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 80g Astra
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- A handful of curry leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder, raw
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 50g flour
- 300ml milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Blanch potatoes and carrots in boiling water till half way done. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 30g of Astra in a pan. Add the garlic, onions, green chilies and curry leaves and sauté till fragrant.
- Then, add the carrots, leeks and potato together with the Knorr Maldive Fish Powder and mix well.
- Add the remaining Astra to a separate pan and melt. Add the flour and quickly stir to a sandy texture. Add the milk gradually and stir consistently to form a smooth creamy roux. Then add all the spices and combine well.
- Pour above mixture over the vegetables and stir to mix well. Add half of the breadcrumbs and combine.
- Grease a bakeware or casserole dish and add the vegetable mixture into it. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and bake in an oven at 2000 C for 15-20 minutes.
Chef’s Tip:Add some grated cheese into the vegetable mixture for a cheesy flavour.