Dhal kofta curry
Delicious dhal koftas simmered in a flavourful curry featuring a variety of selected spices. Try this Indian dish and experience dhal in a whole new way.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time25 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 100g dhal
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- A handful of curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon roasted curry powder
- 1 piece rampé
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- Wash and soak dhal for 20 minutes and grind in blender to make a puree. ( add some water if necessary) Then, add a Knorr Chicken Cube and blend well.
- Mix in a small amount of chopped onion, garlic and curry leaves to this puree. Transfer it to a steel bowl or vessel that can be used for steaming. Cover with cling film, foil or a lunch sheet and steam till puree becomes stiff and firm to the touch.
- Now, melt the Astra in another pan and add the remaining onion, garlic, green chili, rampé and curry leaves. Sauté till fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Then, cut the steamed dhal puree into chunks and add to the curry. Cook for a few more minutes and serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:When steaming the dhal puree, use a flat vessel/bowl.