Maldive Fish Murukku
A delicious twist to the classic crunchy bite. Golden murukku flavoured with yummy Knorr Maldive Fish Powder will not disappoint. Try it this Avrudu and dazzle your guests with a new taste.
- Recipe serves:5-6
- Preparation Time25 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 200g chickpea flour
- 2 packets Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg, slightly whisked
- Salt to taste
- Water to mix
- Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl, mix the chickpea flour, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix, turmeric and chili powder.
- Now, add the whisked egg and mix by adding the water little by little. Make a semi thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan. Squeeze the batter into the hot oil through a murukku mold attached to a string hopper maker. Fry till golden brown and break into 1 ½ inch pieces once cooled.
Chef’s Tip:For a chicken flavour, you can add Knorr Chicken Seasoning powder to the murukku mixture or dilute a Knorr Chicken Cube in a teaspoon of melted Astra and mix it in.