A unique dhal and green gram pickle recipe which is an excellent rice puller.
- Recipe serves:5-6
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 100g Dhal
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 250g Green gram flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 50g green chili
- 50g shallots
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100ml vinegar
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash and soak dhal for 20 minutes.
- Drain the dhal; add 1 Knorr Chicken Cube and the green gram flour. Mix well to make smooth dough.
- Make small balls of dough and deep fry till golden brown. Drain oil and set aside.
- Then, slit the green chilies without dividing them and oil blanch the green chilies and shallots. Drain will and set aside.
- Slightly pound the mustard seeds in a mortar. Now, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the dhal balls, green chilies and shallots.
- Toss well to combine or use your fingers to dilute the remaining Knorr Chicken Cube with the vinegar.
- Finally, add the dhal balls, green chilies and shallots. Toss well and serve.
Chef’s Tip:This moju can be kept 4/5 days in an airtight container.