Mediterranean vegetable hot pot
A delicious one- pot dish, packed with the goodness of a variety of wholesome vegetables. It is a perfect accompaniment to couscous or crusty bread.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time45 Minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggplants
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 200g potato, halved
- 1 of each – red, yellow and green bell pepper
- 150g kidney or baked beans
- 100g green peas
- 400g tomatoes
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chili Mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- 100g grated cheese
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- 30g Astra
- 200ml water
- Melt the Astra in a pan. Add the onion and cook till golden. Mix in the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the Knorr Chinese Chili mix with water and cook until the mixture is bubbly.
- Pour into casserole dish and garnish with breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley. Bake in oven (less than 2000 C) until crumbs are browned and cheese is melted.
Chef’s Tip:Seafood or chicken can be added.