Roast chicken and apple nut salad
- Preparation Time Minutes
- 200g boneless chicken breast
- 1 pkt Knorr chicken seasoning powder
- 10g Astra
- 2 green apples
- 150g cashew nuts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
- Season the chicken breast with Knorr chicken seasoning, Astra and pepper. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Then, roast in oven or fry in a pan till meat is cooked and roasted. Once cool, shred finely.
- Add the mayonnaise into a bowl. De-seed the apple and cut in to small cubes and combine with the mayonnaise immediately to prevent discolouration.
- Mix in the other ingredients and combine well. Serve chilled.
Chef’s Tip:To add some seasonal colour, red apple cubes can be used too.