Pan Fried Pork Loin Chops with Plum Sauce
Tender and juicy pork chops served with a sweet and savory plumsauce, flavored with ginger and garlic. An easy dinner time dish.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 4 pieces – pork loin chops
- 1 packet – Knorr Chinese Chili Mix
- 1 teaspoon – Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon – chili powder
- 1 tablespoon – crushed pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 ripe plums
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 50g Astra
- Marinate the pork chops with the turmeric, chili powder, Knorr Chinese Chili Mix, pepper and season with salt to taste. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Melt Astra in pan and add the pork chops. Fry on both sides on low heat.
- Slice the plums and pull out the pit.
- Add the plum slices to the pan and fry together with the pork chops.
- Puree the fried plum pieces into a smooth paste. Heat a spoon of pork fat (from pan) in another pan and sauté the ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil. Toss in the plum puree and cook for a few minutes while stirring.
- Season to taste with salt and serve sauce with the pork chops.
Chef’s Tip:A beef fillet, sirloin steak or chicken leg can be used instead.