Spicy Fried Dhal Rice
Turn your everyday ordinary rice into something exciting and vibrant. The classic combination of curry leaves, rampe, garlic and onions give the rice both amazing flavor and fragrance. The dhal adds a unique texture and the chili gives it the spicine
- Recipe serves:2-3
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 500g Cooked Rice
- 200g Dhal
- 2 pkt. Maldifish Knorr Powder Mix
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 piece Rampe
- 1 tbsp. Chili Flakes
- 30 g Astra
- Salt to taste
- Heat pan and add Astra. Then add the onions, garlic rampe and the curry leaves. Sauté or cook till fragrant.
- Add the dhal and sauté till crisp and cooked. Now add the Knorr maldifish powder mix and mix well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and mix well. Season to taste. Serve hot.
- This spicy rice tastes so good it can be eaten all by itself without any accompaniments.
Chef’s Tip:Add more fragrance to the dish by adding a piece of cinnamon and couple of pods of cardamom in with the garlic and onions.