This recipe puts a delicious twist in the traditional Sri Lankan ‘Murukku’ through the addition of Knorr Maldifish powder mix and other spices. So give your family a treat and try this fantastic recipe!
- Recipe serves:6-8
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 200g Chickpea flour
- 2 pkt. Knorr Maldifish Powder Mix
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Egg slightly whisked
- Water to mix
- Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl mix chickpea flour, Knorr maldifish powder mix, turmeric and chili powder.
- Form a well in the middle and add the egg. Then gradually add water while mixing all the ingredients in the bowl. Make a semi thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan. Squeeze the batter into the hot oil using a string hopper maker with ‘murrukku’ mold attached. If not use a piping bag. Fry till golden brown. Break into required sizes when cool.