Freshly grated coconut infused with flavours of chilli and umbalakada- it’s every string hoppers’ best friend.
- Recipe serves:6-8
- Preparation Time10 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 200g coconut, finely scraped
- 1 small onion (preferably red onion)
- 1 packet Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 1 teaspoon chilli pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 5g peppercorns
- 10g chilli powder
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt to taste
- Pound all the ingredients except the coconut with a mortar and pestle.
- Then add the coconut and pound further till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Season with salt and extra lime juice if required.
- A quick recipe for an all-star Sri Lankan favorite! This easy recipe takes just a handful of ingredients to make!
Chef’s Tip:If you don’t have time to pound the coconut sambol, chop all the ingredients well and mix thoroughly to combine.