Chicken Masalaydar Biryani
Intensely aromatic biriyani deeply layered with Indian flavours and spices.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 500g cooked rice
- 750g chicken
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 25g Astra
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup onion, fried
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- 100g cashew nuts
- 50g green peas
- 2 green chillies, thinly sliced
- A handful of mint leaves
- 3 cups water
- Heat up a pan and add Astra. When melted, add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, onions and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes then add chicken, garam masala powder and water. Let the meat cook till tender.
- Next, add the yoghurt and Knorr Chicken Cubes. Mix well, cover pan with lid and let it cook.
- In a rice cooker or a pot, pour ingredients in this order: chicken mixture, rice, cashew nuts, green peas, fried onion and mint leaves. Cover the pan and let the biriyani cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- When ready mix well and serve hot.
- This easy recipe for Indian food just got easier. 15 minute quick recipes like this one makes getting dinner done a lot faster.
Chef’s Tip:If instead of chicken you use tougher meat like mutton, beef or lamb, just pre-cook the meat in a pressure cooker. Afterwards mix it into the curry with its leftover juices.