Spicy mutton and baby potato curry
Tender mutton infused with tamarind, lemongrass and green chillies mixed with crispy baby potatoes.
- Recipe serves:4-5
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time40 Minutes
- 500g mutton cut into cubes
- 300g baby potatoes
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 piece lemongrass
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Curry leaves & rampe
- 1 tablespoon tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Boil potatoes till done, then deep fry till golden brown. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, toss and set aside.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, garlic, green chilli, lemongrass, curry leaves, rampe and the cinnamon stick. Sauté till fragrant.
- Add mutton, turmeric, tamarind extract and sauté for another few minutes. Cover and cook while turning constantly till mutton is halfway cooked.
- Then, mix in the Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix and stir well to combine all ingredients. Cover with a lid and let it cook for a few minutes or till mutton is done.
- Add fried potatoes and mix well. Serve hot.
- Easy recipes never tasted this good. Your list of quick recipes just keeps expanding.
Chef’s Tip:To make this a dish with gravy just dilute Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix with 300ml water, pour it into the mutton curry and cook till the gravy thickens.