Batter-fried Hot Onion Rings
Spicy onion rings with a crunchy texture and savoury flavour that’ll leave you panting for more.
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 4 large onions cut into thick rings
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 beaten egg
- Bread crumbs
- Oil to deep fry
- Water to mix
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix, flour, turmeric powder, pepper powder, egg and salt to taste.
- Mix gradually with water to make a thick batter.
- Dip onion rings in batter and coat with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown and serve hot.
- Easy recipes like these are quick to whip up and delicious serve!
Chef’s Tip:For a variation on this quick recipe just substitute onions for vegetables like ash plantain, ladies fingers, eggplant etc.