Hot and Spicy Herbed Satay
A contrast of daring flavours enhanced with herbs and spices, assembled on a single stick with seasoned, skewered and grilled meat to delight the family with an explosion of taste.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time40 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 3 nos of boneless chicken breast
- 2-3 nos of onion wedges
- 4 nos of tomatoes cut in to wedges or baby tomato
- 3-4 nos diced capsicum
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 pkt of Knorr Chinese chili recipe mix
- 1 pkt of Knorr chicken seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Satay sticks or toothpicks 6 inches long
- Cut the chicken breasts in to medium sized pieces.
- Add Knorr Chinese chili recipe mix, Knorr chicken seasoning, sugar, soy sauce, mixed herbs and oil to the diced chicken. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Rub well and allow marinating for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add onion wedges, tomatoes and capsicum. Add salt and pepper. Drizzle oil and toss well to coat.
- Take a satay stick. Arrange the veggies and chicken pieces one after the other in a colorful order. Assemble 4 pieces of chicken per satay.
- Heat a grill or a frying pan. Apply oil and grill arranged satay turning till meat is done.
- Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:If you let the bulb end of the onions remain while you cut it in to wedges, it will help to keep the onion wedge together when screwing in to the satay stick.