Spicy Mutton Samosa
Tease your taste buds with an undeniable crunchiness that envelopes a flavoursome mix’ creating the perfect combination of a crispy crust around a moist rich filling.
- Recipe serves:5-6
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 250g minced mutton
- 1 packet of Knorr Chinese chili mix
- 20g Astra
- 1 no of chopped onion
- 1 no of chopped tomato
- 2 nos of chopped green chilies
- 1 inch piece of chopped ginger
- 1 tsp of Turmeric powder
- Spring roll sheets
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the onion. Wash, peel and chop tomato and green chilies. Peel and finely chop ginger.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and fry onions for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, chili powder, Knorr Chinese chili powder and turmeric powder and fry for two minutes.
- Add the minced mutton and fry for five minutes.
- Cut the spring roll sheet in half. Use one half and fold it to form a cone shape.
- Fill cone with 2 tbsp of the stuffing and seal end, brushing the sheet with cold water to help seal it.
- In a deep pan, heat the oil. Add samosa, lower the heat to medium and fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:The samosa can be pre- made and refrigerated prior to deep frying to save time on a busy day.