Brown Dry Chicken Fry with Greens
Artfully pan-seared chicken with crispy fried greens, best accompanied with a bowl of rice.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1kg chicken, cut into serving pieces and slightly seasoned
- 2 sachets Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- Few green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 50g whole cashews
- 100g spring onions, cut into strips
- 100g celery, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 30g corn flour
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder to taste
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan, over moderately high heat, until hot but not smoking.
- Place and brown the chicken in 4 batches; keep turning for 5 minutes per batch and transfer when brown into a large bowl.
- Add onion, bell pepper, beans and celery. Cook for about 8 minutes, scraping back occasionally until onion is softened.
- Mix water with corn flour and pour it into the vegetable mixture, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes together as it boils.
- Add the browned chicken, Knorr Chicken Powder Mix and any juices accumulated in the bowl. Then simmer, partially covered, until chicken is cooked for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Lastly stir in chilli powder, cashews, spring onion and salt (to taste) and serve with rice.
- A vege and quick chicken recipe like this makes a delightful addition to any dinner table!