Sri Lankan Style Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Thick and creamy sweet potato soup infused with coconut cream, featuring a Sri Lankan twist.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 300g sweet potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 packet Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 litre water
- 2 cups water (separately)
- 1 teaspoon Astra
- 2-3 tablespoons thick coconut cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes then cut them into chunks. Process in a blender with 1 litre water till it becomes a smooth puree.
- Melt Astra in a saucepan and add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes then add the potato puree, Knorr Chicken Cubes and curry powder. Bring to boil.
- Dilute Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce with 2 cups of water. Pour into the soup and slowly simmer while stirring.
- Add coconut cream and boil for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander just before serving.
- Looking for Sri Lankan recipes which make good Party Food starters? This recipe takes the cake.