Capsicum stuffed with a spicy onion and maldive fish sambol, served in curried gravy.
- Recipe serves:5 to 6
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time10 Minutes
- 250g capsicum
- 2-3 onions, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sachet Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves, chopped
- ½ cup thick coconut milk
- Cinnamon stick
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add onion, Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix, 1 tablespoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of chilli powder. Mix well.
- In a pan, melt a tablespoon of Astra. Add garlic and the onion mixture and sauté for a few minutes. Take off from heat and let it cool.
- Wash and clean capsicum. Pat dry. Make a small slit about 1 inch - 1½ inches long (making sure not to damage the capsicum) and fill it with the onion mixture. To prevent the filling from oozing out of the capsicum, secure it with stems of curry leaves or toothpicks. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt Astra and add the stick of cinnamon, rampe, 2-3 curry leaves and sauté for a few minutes. Add stuffed capsicum, remaining curry powder, turmeric, chilli powder and coconut milk. Simmer till capsicums are cooked and coated with gravy. Season to taste.
- Serve hot.
- This quick recipe takes only 30 minutes to make and can be whipped up for easy party food or food for any occasion.