Juicy Spicy Beef Empanadas
A delectable snack with a perfect crust that wraps a lusciously spicy filling which is a treat in every bite!
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time25 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 500g of ground beef
- 02 chopped onions
- 03-04 chopped green chilli
- 01 Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoons of Astra
- A hand full of chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 01 whisked egg
- For Short Crust Dough
- 500g Flour
- 200g of Astra
- 1 teaspoon of Lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Cold water to mix
- To make the dough, combine flour, Astra, lime juice and mix well. Season with a pinch of salt if desired.
- Knead well by adding cold water gradually till it forms in to a non-sticky dough and set aside.
- In a pan, melt Astra. Add onions and chili and sauté till fragrant. Add ground beef, pepper and tamarind juice. Sauté stirring constantly till beef cooks.
- Mix in the Knorr Chinese chili recipe mix. Add water and coriander leaves .Mix well and allow to thicken. Turn off the heat.
- Take small portions of the dough, roll out and cut rounds about 5-6 inches in diameter.
- Place few tablespoons of meat mixture on rounds of dough. Fold in half and secure the edges.
- Place the pastries in a baking tray. Brush whisked egg on to every side.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C° till golden brown and crispy.
Chef’s Tip:Stretch the dough, spread the filing in the middle and roll out as a Swiss roll to prepare the same recipe in a different format. Cut in to thick slices when serving.