Chicken and Potato Stew
Sweet potatoes and soft chicken in a delectable stew with juicy tomatoes and vibrant bell peppers.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time60 Minutes
- 200g potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1kg fresh whole chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 200g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 each red and green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves and sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 sachets Knorr Chicken Powder Mix dissolved into 5 cups of warm water
- In a thick-bottomed pan, layer potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken and tomatoes. Add green and red peppers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add stock water and cover and cook for 1 hour on very low fire.
- Mix with fresh coriander leaves and sesame seeds. Serve hot.
- Makes a mean addition to your collection of dinner party food recipes!