Experience the flavours of India with authentic chicken masala and moist yellow rice.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 green chillies
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 tablespoon onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk extract
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 250g Basmati rice
- 1 large Bombay Onion, sliced
- 100g Astra
- 500ml water
- 2 sachets Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 clove pods
- 2 cardamom pods
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the chicken into small pieces with the bone. Season with turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and garlic and sweat for 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and ½ teaspoon of turmeric and then toss in the sliced chillies. Stir-fry for one minute. Add the chicken and the roughly cut tomato dices.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the thick coconut extract, bring to boil and simmer for two minutes. Season and serve with yellow rice.
- To make the yellow rice, heat Astra in a saucepan. Add cardamom, cloves and bay leaves. Cook for few minutes. Add the sliced Bombay onions and cook further till the onions are a light golden brown. Next, add the washed and drained rice and cook till the water is evaporated. Then, add the water and Knorr Chicken Powder Mix and the remaining turmeric. Cook till the stock and the rice comes to the same level. Cover with a lid and reduce the fire to its minimum. Cook for 10 more minutes till the rice is done.
- Looking for quick recepes in the Indian Party Food category? This recipe in particular makes quite the feast!