A mouth watering blend of wholesome apples with an irresistible crispiness infused into every bite.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 750g Apples
- 100g Astra
- 50-75g Sugar
- 50g Dried brown breadcrumbs
- Whipped Cream for decoration
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices.
- Cook gently in half the Astra until soft, adding sugar to taste.
- Mix the sugar and breadcrumbs and cook until brown in the remaining Astra. Use a frying pan so the crumbs brown evenly.
- Allow to cool in the frying pan.
- Put a layer of the crisp breadcrumbs at the bottom of a bowl, then the apples, then a topping of the crumbs.
- Decorate with whipped cream and serve on to the Avurudu lunch table as a wonderful dessert.
- Note: For cream that is very white and light in texture, whisk thick cream lightly, then gradually whisk in a little on top of the milk.
Chef’s Tip:Use more crumbs and have a layer of crumbs in the centre. Add lemon juice and a little lemon rind to the apples.