Sizzling sesame Chicken
Deep fried chicken in a thick fiery sauce, garnished with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Recipe serves:5 to 6
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 2 nos of Boneless chicken breast
- 2 sachets of Knorr chicken seasoning powder
- 2 pkts of Knorr Chinese chili recipe mix
- ½ cup of Flour
- 20g Astra
- 5-6 nos of Whole dry chili
- 1 cup Spring onion leaves
- ½ cup of Sesame seeds
- 1 no of Onion chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic chopped
- 1 inch piece of Ginger chopped
- 1 tsp Crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp Chili paste
- Salt to taste
- Water to mix
- Oil to deep fry
- Cut the boneless chicken in to 1 inch pieces or in to strips. Add Knorr chicken seasoning powder and crushed pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Mix one packet of Knorr Chinese chili recipe mix, sesame seeds and flour. Gradually mix in the water to make a slightly thick batter.
- Dip seasoned chicken in the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Meanwhile melt the Astra in a pan. Add onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant.
- Mix in the chili paste. Break the dry whole chili in to 1 inch pieces and add to the sautéed mixture.
- Dilute the remaining Knorr Chinese chili mix with 200ml water. Add this to the pan. When the sauce is bubbly mix this into the fried chicken.
- Stir well to combine. Add the spring onion leaves and season to taste. Sprinkle a handful of sesame seeds on top to this delectable avurudu indulgence. Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:The Knorr Chicken cube can be rubbed on sliced chicken to enhance the flavour of the meat.