Luscious chocolate mousse with a silky feel that melts in your mouth like a French kiss.
- Recipe serves:10
- Preparation Time Minutes
- Cooking Time4 to 5 Hours Cooking Time + Chilling Time Minutes
- 300g dark or milk cooking chocolate
- Unsalted Butter to grease jars or ramekins
- 4 eggs, room temperature and separated
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a metal heat-proof bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir as chocolate is melting. Remove from heat when melted to cool slightly.
- Butter four 3-inch diameter ramekins or 7-8 ounce canning jars. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (hand mixer may also be used) beat egg whites on high until frothy, add the lemon juice.
- Continue to beat egg whites, slowly adding the granulated sugar a few tablespoons at a time (allow to mix in before adding more). Beat eggs until stiff but not dry.
- Stir egg yolks into the chocolate. Gently stir in a third of the egg white mixture into the chocolate.
- Combine the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the egg white mixture and gently mix them together completely.
- Spoon the mousse mixture into the prepared ramekins or jars and gently tap the containers on a countertop to release any bubbles.
- Cover and fully chill before serving.
- Christmas recipes / seasonal recipes for desserts just got better. This decadent mousse is one of the best party foods you’ll ever serve.