Batter Fried Fish
Throwing a little get-together? All you need is a platter of crispy batter fried fish, a few drinks and a bunch of good friends.
- Recipe serves:4 to 5
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time15 Minutes
- 500g fillet of fish
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix
- 1 sachet Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix
- ½ cup flour
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Water to mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Clean and cut fish in to thin strips or slices.
- Marinate with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Combine Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix, flour and Knorr Maldive Fish Powder Mix in a bowl.
- Add water gradually while stirring to make a medium-thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Dip fish in the batter and deep-fry till golden brown.
- These quick recipes for delicious, homemade party foods are a must save!
Chef’s Tip:Don’t forget to fry the fish on a low heat as this batter is red in colour and can turn brown easily when frying. You could also use any type of small fish for this recipe, like herrings, handallo or karallo.