Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Decadent macaroni and cheese in a creamy white sauce garnished with a sprig of parsley.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 400g cooked macaroni
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 150g grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons Astra
- 1 packet Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce
- 300ml milk
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- A sprig of parsley to garnish (optional)
- Melt Astra in a saucepan, add onion and garlic. Sauté till translucent.
- Add macaroni and stir for 2 minutes.
- Dilute Knorr Italian Pasta White Sauce with milk and pour it into the saucepan. When the sauce thickens mix in the grated cheese and stir well.
- Remove from heat and do not let the sauce dry out. Serve hot.
- Looking for quick recipes for kids’ food? This all time favourite will leave your kids with empty bowls and full tummies!
Chef’s Tip:Always remember to cook macaroni in ample amounts of water, as the water will dilute the starch from the macaroni and prevent it from getting sticky.