Steaming stir-fried chicken noodles with fresh vegetables, topped with roasted sesame seeds.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time20 Minutes
- 200g noodles
- 250g boneless chicken
- 1 packet Knorr Chinese Chillie Recipe Mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 big onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150g carrots
- 100g leeks
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10ml oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 sprig of mint leaves
- 20g Astra
- Pour boiling water over noodles and add salt and olive oil. Cover for 3 minutes for the flavours to infuse. Then strain and wash in running water.
- Grind onion and garlic with salt and pepper till it becomes a paste.
- Cut boneless chicken into small pieces, coat it with your paste and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and add marinated chicken. Sauté for a few minutes. Then add water, Knorr Chinese Chilli Recipe Mix and stir fry. Cook on medium heat till sauce starts bubbling.
- In a separate pan melt Astra, and then add carrot and leeks. Correct the seasoning if needed. Add noodles and mix well. Finally add the chicken mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle finely chopped mint leaves and roasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Chef’s Tip:Add 1 packet of Knorr Chicken Powder Mix when marinating the chicken to enhance the flavour.