Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Thick and luscious Mexican chicken lasagna loaded with an ooey gooey cheese melt.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time90 Minutes
- 500g minced chicken
- 2 sachets Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 200ml tomato sauce
- 500ml white sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 300g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet instant lasagna sheets
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add cumin, onions and garlic. Cook until onions are done.
- Add chicken, crushed pepper and chilli, sauté for a few minutes. Then add tomato sauce, water, Knorr Chicken Powder Mix and simmer for a few minutes.
- In a 10 x 8 inch baking tray, cover the bottom with a few spoons of the chicken mixture, then a layer of lasagna sheets. Spread with 1/3 chicken mixture and top with 1/3 cheese sauce. Repeat this layering twice. Finish with a lasagna sheet and cover with cheese sauce.
- Generously sprinkle more cheese on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 180°C for 60 minutes. Let it stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Kid’s food made easy! Do your kids love cheese-rich chicken recipes? Give this Mexican Chicken Lasagna recipe a try!
Chef’s Tip:If the lasagna sheets are not pre-boiled add more sauce. The sheets will absorb the extra sauce, becoming softer.