Moist, golden-brown kohila cutlets with yams, herbs and spices.
- Recipe serves:40
- Preparation Time30 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 400g kohila and yams, skinned and finely chopped
- 400g potatoes, boiled in salted water and mashed
- 400g onions, finely chopped
- 30g garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15g ginger, finely chopped
- 10g green chillies, finely chopped
- 6 curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon raw curry powder
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 50ml oil
- 30g Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 lime, juiced
- For Deep Frying:
- 4 whole eggs, well beaten
- 500g bread crumbs
- Oil to fry
- Heat a pan with oil on a medium heat and sauté chopped garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and onions. Fry till golden.
- Add kohila and stir well. Let it cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add chilli powder, curry powder, turmeric, pepper and Knorr Chicken Powder Mix. Stir well.
- Stir in mashed potatoes and lime juice. Adjust seasoning.
- Let it cool and make the cutlets into any shape you like.
- Dip the cutlets into the beaten egg mixture and coat them with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Delicious Sri Lankan recipes at its finest! Make this party recipe today!