Stir Fried Beef with Green Beans
A renowned Asian delight with vibrant colours as well as flavours, this robust stir-fry features chewy beef with crisp green beans topped with spring onions.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time20 Minutes
- Cooking Time30 Minutes
- 500g beef, cut into slices and lightly seasoned
- 2 cups green beans, cut length-wise
- 1 sachet Knorr Chicken Powder Mix
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 50g spring onions, cut into strips
- 2 cups water
- 15g corn flour
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder to taste
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan over moderately high heat, until hot but not smoking.
- Place and brown the beef in batches. Keep turning for about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer the browned beef into a large bowl.
- Add onion and beans. Sauté for about 8 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Mix water with the corn flour and pour it into the pan, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes together as it boils.
- Add the entire bowl of beef along with accumulated juices and Knorr Chicken Powder Mix into the pan. Simmer, partially covered, until beef is cooked through.
- Stir in chilli powder and salt to taste. Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice.
- Add this winner to your Easy Recipes List and take it along for any Potluck Dinner Party!
Chef’s Tip:Cut the beef into thin slices to make the cooking process faster.